TCU – THERMAL CYCLING UNIT
Temperature Cycling Tester
The temperature cycling tester is designed to determine the resistance and stability of thermoplastic pipe systems when subjected to specified cycling times under specified internal pressure load. This applies to pipework systems intended to be used for conveying hot and cold pressurized water.
- It establishes a classification system for common service conditions for pressurized hot and cold water systems. It gives a basis for evaluation and design of thermoplastics pipes and fittings in relation to the system performance requirements.
- It applies to plastics piping systems used to carry water in distribution systems of hot and cold water, including potable water, and in transportation systems of hot water for heating, under design pressures according to the specifications according to the relevant Standards.
According to ISO 10508 and ASTM F 1335-98, ISO 19893, DVGW W 534
DVGW W 542, DVGW W 543
- Number of individual stations: from 1 to 6 individual stations
- Max DN: up to ⌀ 110mm
- Pressure control accuracy: 0.5 bar
- Pressure range: 4.0 – 12.0 bar / 4.0 – 16.0 bar
- Pumps capacity rate up to 18 m3/hr @ 12 bar
- Temperature range: 20 – 95 degree Celsius
- Temperature control accuracy cold water: +/- 2 degree Celsius
- Temperature control accuracy hot water: +/- 1 degree Celsius
- Temperature uniformity: < 1 degree Celsius
- Individual circle time, flow rate and pressure level can be individually chosen per station.
- Lockable doors, safety emergency stop
- Automatic filling of tanks
- Flow measurement and control per station as option available.
- Pre-stress loading system with load cells as option available.
- Hot and cold water tanks with individual & independent circulation and pressure pumps. Heating tank with heating elements & cooling tank with separate chiller and heat exchanger